Monday, June 3, 2013

Ceramics Project


The medium of my project is clay that has small particles mixed with water to make a pliable media. The size of my ceramic is medium to small. The technique I used to make this is wedging, I pounded it to remove air so that when I fired it in the kiln it wouldn't blow up. My piece is a rounded type sculpture that I use to put my jewelry on and any extra important items. When I was creating the design for my project, I knew I wanted a cross to be shown somewhere, and I like the idea of  a sun shaped sculpture. So I drew what shape I wanted my sculpture to be and cut it out for guidelines for creating the clay ceramic. I learned ways to prepare of how my sculpture was going to look like, I also learned  different ways you can color and design a ceramic. If I could change my project, I would definitely add a pattern or design to the white space of my sculpture.

No comments:

Post a Comment