Monday, June 3, 2013

Acrylic Landscape Painting





When I was organizing everything I wanted to include in my painting, I had to think about how much space each part will use. I wanted a night scene with New York city across from the water and I loved the look of grass. I chose monochromatic as my style for my painting and the color I chose was blue because it was the most realistic color for night. My painting is a picture of New York from the outsiders perspective over water. I began by painting the painting a light blue for the base color, then added a misty blue sky color for a night time sky look with few spread clouds. I included a moon and stars for an extra night theme. Then for he  buildings in New York, I used tape to make the most realistic outline of buildings and showed different shades of blue due to the light source and a variety of the building types. For the water, I made a darker tint because water is dark at night and added the reflection of the moon in places it would hit the water. The grass was made with different shades of blue and used strokes to make the texture shown. I created a moon for the light source. I made some sides of the buildings a lighter blue to show where the light hits it. I also put the reflection of the moon on the water. The scheme of my painting was a dark night across the water of  New York. For my water I used left and right brush strokes and made the paint thick to show waves and colors in the water. For the grass I used flicking up brush stroke to show the shape of the grass and the texture. I used a variety of colors darks, and lights in my painting to show the light and dark areas of the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment