Monday, June 3, 2013

Pastel Still Life Project


I began by setting up a few different ways of using my objects that would be the most interesting. I like the idea of the biggest object in the back and have three of the same objects down front, but all still connected. I found it interesting by putting all of the objects partly on top or leaned on the other. A thumbnail sketch is a small drawing to prepare you for your final drawing and exploring many ideas. The viewfinder gave me an estimate on how much space my object would take on my paper and help me choose which idea I liked the best. I used shading around the edges to show that it was a round object. I also used the light source to reflect on the objects to show the shape and their figure. I created light source by adding white marks in my objects where the light hit it. Also on my background and the table my objects are on by adding white to the light side and black to the oposite.

No comments:

Post a Comment